I was born and raised in southern California. My family moved to San Diego in 1970 when my father took a job at the Deep Sea Drilling Project (see the dedication for DSDP Volume 60). I attended college back east (receiving the rare A.B. degree in engineering), and then returned to San Diego for graduate school. I moved to Colorado in 1990, which is where I met my husband George Rosborough.
A.B. Engineering Sciences, 1985
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD
Ph.D. Geophysics, 1990
Visiting Professor, 1999
Department of Geophysics, Stanford University
Visiting Scientist, 1998
USGS Hawaii Volcano Observatory
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
USGS, Menlo Park
Member of the Technical Staff, 1988-1990
Earth Orbiter Systems Group, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Chair, Geodesy Program, Fall 2000 AGU.
- Chair, International Earth Rotation Service Committee on the ITRF Datum, 1999-2003.
- Member, NASA ESSAAC: Technology Subcommittee, 2003-2006.
- Editor, Geophysical Research Letters, AGU, 2002-2004.
- NRC Committee Member, Precise Geodetic Infrastructure: National Requirements for a Shared Resource, 2008-2010.
- NRC Committee Member, New Research Opportunities in the Earth Sciences at NSF, 2010-2011.
- EarthScope Speaker, 2012-2013.
- NRC Committee Member, Decadal Survey for Earth Science and Applications from Space, Earth Surface Interior, 2016-2017.
- 2007 Bowie Lecture (webcast)
- 2011 Dziewonski Symposium
- 2013 Interview about Volcanic Plumes
- 2013 EarthScope Mtg.
- 2014 UNAVCO Ignite Session
- 2006 Japan Society for Promotion of Science Award, University of Tokyo
- 2007 AGU Bowie Lecture
- 2011 150th Anniversary Visiting Professor, Chalmers University of Technology
- 2011 AGU Fellow
- 2013 CU Boulder Faculty Assembly Research Award
- 2014 Fulbright Specialist, Mohammed V University at Agdal, Morocco
- 2014 Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Creativity Prize for Water (photos, short movie, press release by UCAR)
- 2015 EGU Christiaan Huygens Medal (photos)
- 2017 Humboldt Foundation Research Prize
- 2017 Honorary Doctorate, Chalmers University of Technology (photos)
- 2017 Governor’s Award for High Impact Research (photo of the team)
- 2018 CU Distinguished Research Lecture
Physics Today, January 2014; Inside Science, January 2014; Mt Everest; Geotimes article on GPS Seismology, July 2004; Guerrero, November 2007; Inside GNSS, Satellite Repeat Times, August 2006; Ars Technica, Exploiting the noise, January 2009; wired.com, Science NOW, October 2009; EarthScope Highlight, Fall 2010; Snow Sensing (UCAR), Spring 2011; AP Story, 2015.