I was born and raised in southern California. My family moved to San Diego in 1970 when my father took a job at the Deep Sea Drilling Project (see the dedication for Volume 60 ). I attended Harvard for college (receiving the rare A.B. degree in engineering), and then returned to San Diego for graduate school. I moved to Colorado in 1990, which is where I met my husband George Rosborough.
A.B. Engineering Sciences, 1985
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, U.C.S.D.
Ph.D. Geophysics, 1990
Fulbright Scholar, Hobart, Tasmania, 2020
Visiting Professor, 1998-1999
Department of Geophysics, Stanford University
Visiting Scientist, 1998
USGS Hawaii Volcano Observatory
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
USGS, Menlo Park
Member of the Technical Staff, 1988-1990
Earth Orbiter Systems Group, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Chair, Geodesy Program, Fall 2000 AGU.
- Chair, International Earth Rotation Service Committee on the ITRF Datum, 1999-2003.
- Editor, Geophysical Research Letters, AGU, 2002-2004.
- NRC Committee Member, Precise Geodetic Infrastructure: National Requirements for a Shared Resource, 2008-2010.
- NRC Committee Member, New Research Opportunities in the Earth Sciences at NSF, 2010-2011.
- EarthScope Speaker, 2012-2013.
- NRC Committee Member, Decadal Survey for Earth Science and Applications from Space, Earth Surface Interior, 2016-2017.
- NRC Committee Member, Evolving the Geodetic Infrastructure to Meet New Scientific Needs, 2018-2019.
- 2011 Dziewonski Symposium
- 2013 Interview about Volcanic Plumes
- 2013 EarthScope Mtg.
- 2014 UNAVCO Ignite Session
- 2018 Distinguished Research Lecture
- 2020 Stanford PNT Meeting
- 2006 Japan Society for Promotion of Science Award, University of Tokyo
- 2007 AGU Bowie Lecture
- 2011 AGU Fellow
- 2014 Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Creativity Prize for Water (photos)
- 2015 EGU Christiaan Huygens Medal (photos)
- 2017 Humboldt Foundation Research Prize
- 2017 Honorary Doctorate, Chalmers University of Technology (photos)
- 2020 Fulbright Research Scholar, University of Tasmania
- 2020 Elected to the National Academy of Sciences
- 2020 AGU Charles Whitten Medal